Thursday, October 24, 2013

SEMA Feature of the Week: Project Diabetes Revolution 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer

Andre Darville is a 20 year old Aerospace Engineering student with a flair for vehicle modifications that will soon take him to SEMA for the second time to promote diabetes awareness. Most recently Andre poured his talent into to a project build near and dear to his heart: the 2014 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution GSR. Titled ‘Project Diabetes Revolution’, Andre plans to use this build to draw awareness to diabetes and the people who suffer from this disease. His message is powerful, and he is again using his SEMA project to take his message global using the mighty SEMA Show as his platform. As a feature vehicle for AMSOIL, Andre had this to say about his mission:

“I want this car to be a symbol for all the brave people fighting diabetes to keep fighting. I want this project to be even greater than my previous ones. I want this car to symbolize hope, and the will to keep fighting. All I am asking from you is to see what I am seeing, to see the vision that has inspired me to give back and for those with diabetes to have a reason to never give up and motivate them to keep going every day. Project “REVOLUTION” is in their honor to show that people do care.”

In conjunction with spreading his message, Andre aimed to create the ultimate performance car capable of turning heads everywhere he goes. In the competitive show-car arena this can be a daunting task, but Andre is proving to be up to the challenge. AMSOIL is installed throughout, putting the engine up to par with the performance requirements he is seeking. We caught up with Andre to get his take on the project, and it’s coming along nicely.

What drew you to this make/model for SEMA? What has you ‘jazzed’ about this particular build? 

Andre Darville: The 2014 Mitsubishi Evolution is a beast of a vehicle. It is AWD with an amazing amount of horsepower and little weight. It is a factory built race car, I love that it can be a performance race track vehicle and also a head turning show car.

 How many times have you been to SEMA? 

AD: This is my second year going to SEMA. I brought my Diabetes Awareness Dodge Charger last year.

Why do you think SEMA has become such a destination for vehicle builders like yourself? 

AD: I feel SEMA is the ultimate for every builder. It gives praise to the builder in letting you know that your vehicle is one of the top in the country and deserves to be showcased in front of industry vendors.

What is it about this vehicle that makes it ‘you’? 

AD: I was able to fit monster X33's from XIX Wheels on the car they are 20x10 concave series wrapped in 255/35/20. I have so much grip on the road it’s amazing, and it fills in the wheel gap perfectly while still looking amazing. The new hood from Extreme Dimensions also makes the vehicle stand out greatly with the flat black and Red Hood vents. I have people stop and take pictures of the car all the time.

What made you choose AMSOIL for your engine?

AD: AMSOIL has every product that I need to take great care of my vehicle. The choices are amazing. I know that AMSOIL makes reliable and the best lubrication products for our vehicles and I wouldn’t trust any other company.

Any favorite AMSOIL product?

AD: My favorite product is the motor oil. Every time I go in for an oil change and I tell them I have my own AMSOIL, they say “man you’re lucky, where can we get some of that?”

If you could choose any vehicle in the world to customize and make your own, what would it be and why?

AD: I don’t think I can limit myself to just one. I want to do this as a job; build amazing cars for companies that will be shown at shows all across the world. You can give me any car and I will find ways to make it look amazing.

Do you have a favorite quote or motto that describes you?

AD: My favorite quote that I came up with, which is my Instagram name, is STRIVE2LIVE. I strive to live to the fullest. I strive to live and be the best I can. There can be many meanings to this quote and I have passed it to many. STRIVE 2 LIVE and beat Diabetes!



AMSOIL Under the Hood: 
AMSOIL 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
AMSOIL Antifreeze and Engine Coolant
AMSOIL Dominator Coolant Boost
AMSOIL Synthetic DOT-4 Brake Fluid
AMSOIL P.i. Performance Improver

Thanks, Andre. Enjoy the show. And be sure to stop by booth 24661 to say hello.

No comments: